Monday, April 24, 2017

Day 6- April 21st

Featured Student Blogger: Amelia Bergeron

This morning we woke up ready to step back in time and see Roman ruins. We started the day going to Nimes to see the roman amphitheater. Using our audio guides we learned about the process of a day when there was an event. After climbing all the different flights of stairs we got to the top where there was a great view of the city.  After we pretended we were in the games and we had sprint races. They are fun to watch and take pictures of and for some, to take part in.

After the amphitheater we got to enjoy some free time for lunch and to look around Nimes. My group and I got sandwiches at a corner cafe. They were delicious! We then went and got ice cream. I got 2 scoops for 4 euros. My first one was lavender and the second one was que bueno. We then went souvenier shopping and I found a gift for my Dad. After the amphitheater we went to the Pont du Gard or the roman aqueduct. The pictures were beautiful! We then went to get water to quench our thirst and we went to go sit on the rocks below.


We ended our day by going to Avignon. We walked through the Popes Palace and then we got some free time. We went to a few candy stores and I got some soap that was made in Provence. After when we went back to our meeting point I got a painting of the Pont du Gard.  We walked to dinner and we had meatballs, vegetables and rice. For dessert we had éclairs. Then, we drove back to the hotel to prepare for a travel day the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment